Gate City Musings: Sidewalk stonewalling getting old
Perhaps the Public Works commissioners and the aldermen should take the bull by the horns, get off their duffs and pass resolutions asking for a special public meeting with the mayor to demand answers. After all, it isn't the mayor's wallet that's paying for this project; it's the city's treasury funded no less by us taxpayers.
When was the last time a chamber executive has run for political office?
Will wonders never cease?
Glad to hear that Pressly and Ward 9 Alderman Dan Moriarty have already taken out election petition forms. Pressly is running for re-election and Moriarty hopes to move up from a ward position to an at-large seat. Let's hope that At-Large Alderman Deane follows suit.
Remember ... if you have a subject, complaint or praise about what our city officials are up to or you have a suggestion for "kudos," email them to email@example.com. Musings would love to hear from you.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up