Gate City Musings: Sidewalk stonewalling getting old
Perhaps the Public Works commissioners and the aldermen should take the bull by the horns, get off their duffs and pass resolutions asking for a special public meeting with the mayor to demand answers. After all, it isn't the mayor's wallet that's paying for this project; it's the city's treasury funded no less by us taxpayers.
When was the last time a chamber executive has run for political office?
Will wonders never cease?
Glad to hear that Pressly and Ward 9 Alderman Dan Moriarty have already taken out election petition forms. Pressly is running for re-election and Moriarty hopes to move up from a ward position to an at-large seat. Let's hope that At-Large Alderman Deane follows suit.
Remember ... if you have a subject, complaint or praise about what our city officials are up to or you have a suggestion for "kudos," email them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Musings would love to hear from you.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
- Triumphant Boston celebrates Series in grand style - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'