Principal ready for challenge of leading two schools in Wilton-Lyndborough district
O’Connell attended Plymouth State University for both his undergraduate and post-graduate degrees and taught sixth grade in Brookline for 11 years.
And he always dreamed of working in a district like Wilton-Lyndeborough.
“I’ve had my eye on this district for a long time,” he said. “At small, rural schools, you can develop rapports with the parents, and work closely with the staff and the kids. It’s an intimate setting that allows me to be involved in what’s happening.”
Between the two elementary schools there are around 270 students, said O’Connell, and as summer rolls steadily toward the new year, he’s spent a lot of time thinking about how he’s going to balance his time between the two buildings located several miles apart.
“I want to give people a chance to meet me in a really informal way,” O’Connell said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change