Principal ready for challenge of leading two schools in Wilton-Lyndborough district
O’Connell attended Plymouth State University for both his undergraduate and post-graduate degrees and taught sixth grade in Brookline for 11 years.
And he always dreamed of working in a district like Wilton-Lyndeborough.
“I’ve had my eye on this district for a long time,” he said. “At small, rural schools, you can develop rapports with the parents, and work closely with the staff and the kids. It’s an intimate setting that allows me to be involved in what’s happening.”
Between the two elementary schools there are around 270 students, said O’Connell, and as summer rolls steadily toward the new year, he’s spent a lot of time thinking about how he’s going to balance his time between the two buildings located several miles apart.
“I want to give people a chance to meet me in a really informal way,” O’Connell said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Age may change, but not our standards - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A few 'ouches' aside, week went pretty well - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On lice and why Marie Antoinette lost head - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Weighty matters during wait at the DMV - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Frustrations aside, my thanks, plow guys - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Any meaning to groundhog predictions? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Glad to get emails; well, one of 'em, anyway - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election