Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Police stop errant pedestrian in Manchester, charge him with possessing drugs
MANCHESTER – An early morning jaywalker ended up being arrested on a drug charge after police said he was evasive about where he lived.
The incident happened about 1:45 a.m. Tuesday at Hanover and Pine streets. Officer Justin Mangum stopped three pedestrians after they allegedly crossed Hanover Street against the walk signal.
Two were identified as Bridgette West, 41, and Michael Dixon, 55, both of 143 Central St.
The third man, however, identified himself as Willie McKinney, 43, and showed the officer a Massachusetts ID but said he was living in Manchester.
Police said he gave two addresses, one to an empty lot in the city and the other for the Pericles Club on Spruce Street.
McKinney was placed under arrest because the officer could not fully identify him and to ensure his appearance in court. When Mangum searched him, police said he found a small plastic bag containing several smaller packages of what appeared to be crack cocaine.
McKinney was charged with possession of a controlled drug with intent to distribute and transported to the police station where a bail commissioner set bail on $10,000 cash/surety.
He was to be arraigned Friday in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division.
West and Dixon were issued summonses for jaywalking.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill