Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
In released court records, Spader's past offers few clues to Cates murder
The file contains transcribed depositions of Spader's parents, forensic psychiatrists and mental health history that were filed earlier this year when the 2012 U.S. Supreme Court Miller v. Alabama decision voided Spader's 2010 automatic life sentence without possibility of parole.
Spader's mother had her son psychologically tested when he was a sophomore at Hollis-Brookline High School in 2007, where the report showed Spader exhibited "unstable sense of self, deepening isolation, and a disinclination to restrain his impulses," the report showed.
The hospitalizations occurred as Spader increasingly used energy drinks, smoked marijuana, used cocaine and other street drugs; his conflicts with his parents intensified; he began adopting a "gang persona" that was out of step with the predominantly "preppy" school culture, according to the documents.
His relationship with a student at Souhegan High School in Amherst, enabled Spader to emerge as the "cool" new arrival on that social scene, including his efforts to present himself as an outlaw and as the leader of his peer group.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus