Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
In released court records, Spader's past offers few clues to Cates murder
The file contains transcribed depositions of Spader's parents, forensic psychiatrists and mental health history that were filed earlier this year when the 2012 U.S. Supreme Court Miller v. Alabama decision voided Spader's 2010 automatic life sentence without possibility of parole.
Spader's mother had her son psychologically tested when he was a sophomore at Hollis-Brookline High School in 2007, where the report showed Spader exhibited "unstable sense of self, deepening isolation, and a disinclination to restrain his impulses," the report showed.
The hospitalizations occurred as Spader increasingly used energy drinks, smoked marijuana, used cocaine and other street drugs; his conflicts with his parents intensified; he began adopting a "gang persona" that was out of step with the predominantly "preppy" school culture, according to the documents.
His relationship with a student at Souhegan High School in Amherst, enabled Spader to emerge as the "cool" new arrival on that social scene, including his efforts to present himself as an outlaw and as the leader of his peer group.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'