Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Kramer pitches Rochester into state American Legion baseball final
Kramer tossed eight innings to help Rochester beat Laconia 6-3 in Tuesday night’s losers’ bracket final at Concord’s Memorial Field.
“He’s our best pitcher,” Rochester coach B.J. Gagnon said. “He’s pretty up front and he wants the baseball. It’s extremely tough not to give it to him when he wants it.”
It was the second time Kramer beat Laconia in the double-elimination tournament. He pitched seven innings and struck out 11 to collect the win when Rochester defeated Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game.
Kramer entered Tuesday’s game against Laconia with 13 strikeouts in 8 1/3 innings on the mound in the state tournament. He also pitched the final 1 1/3 innings to earn the save when Rochester eliminated Lebanon 4-3 Monday night.
The Nashua/Rochester winner will earn a spot in the American Legion Northeast Regional, which will be played Aug. 8-12 in Middletown, Conn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained