Girls work on their style at Project Fashion Camp in Concord
The girls, 9 to 12, were attending Project: Fashion Camp, a week-long session for girls being held at the Kimball Jenkins Estate School of Art.
The week passes quickly for the campers, with inspiration portfolios created on Monday, patterns made and fabric cut Tuesday, sewing Wednesday, knitwear and accessories on Thursday and the photo shoot, fine-tuning of "the runway walk" and preparation for the Friday night Fashion Camp Fashion Show.
This week, it's the older girls. Concord resident Meaghan Nyhan, 11, brought a cake to camp to share with her fellow campers Tuesday because it was her birthday.
"We dance together," said Nyhan and now she and her friend will have another skill to share.
Schill's dress is pink, with ruffles under the skirt and lace on the top.
Emma Williams of Concord, who will celebrate her 12th birthday Thursday, is among the students who have some experience sewing. Her career choice? "I want to be a fashion designer," she said.
"I sew by myself," she said, but added: "My grandmother helps with dresses."
"I think she was joking," said Williams. "I hope so."
Williams is going to miss the Friday night fashion show. She was cast as Little Inez in the Derryfield Repertory Theatre production of "Hairspray" Friday night and Saturday in Manchester.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.