Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Shot in the face in Manchester, he misses the Bronx
Manchester police have said little about the case, other than it happened just before 6:30 a.m. Friday at an Orange Street residence. Police said they could not initially speak to Jackson because a breathing tube was in his throat.
But Jackson's account differs. He said he let his shooter into the apartment. Jackson said he met the man at a friend's house and he seemed like a "cool guy." He would not name him and urged a reporter to contact police. The New Hampshire Union Leader was unable Tuesday to reach a detective involved in the case.
"He felt violated as a man," Jackson said.
But when the man showed up at his apartment, Jackson let him in.
"We started talking. Once I told him I got nothing for him, he started to get a little rowdy," Jackson said.
Then the man lifted the gun, which Jackson thinks was a .38-caliber handgun.
Jackson said it's the second time he's been shot. About a year ago, he was shot in the stomach in the Bronx.
Jackson said he was in Manchester visiting a friend and was watching over his apartment while the friend was on vacation. Now he is in the hospital on a liquid diet and has to wait six weeks before he can eat normal food.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917