'Tree huggers' prompt no trespassing signs at Woodmont Commons in Londonderry
On Tuesday afternoon, a series of bright-yellow "No Trespassing" signs appeared along the perimeter of the former orchard site.
Calls made to Ari Pollack, attorney for developers Pillsbury Realty Development, LLC, weren't returned on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The rally will begin at 2 p.m. at the intersection of Pillsbury and Gilcreast roads, near the existing Woodmont Orchards sign.
"My father always told me if you care about something, you've got to do something about it," she said. "This isn't just about wanting a public park, this is really about preserving Londonderry's agricultural heritage."
With the sign posing a concern for event organizers, Tetreau said the rally would most likely take place on the public sidewalk rather than inside the orchard as originally planned.
At the urging of her attorney, Allan Hoffman, Londonderry police were made aware of the event and an officer will be present to ensure peaceful proceedings on Sunday, Tetreau said.
Falvey said this week the posted signs didn't discourage him, noting that "waving a red flag in front of a bull probably isn't the best public relations strategy."
"Let's show this developer a bit of local color," he added.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Life isn't what it used to be for ER worker injured in attack involving mentally ill man - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A sewer for the century - 0
- Manchester aims to end junk king's reign - 11
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester slow to get the lead out - 5
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: These players got game – for foosball - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Reclaiming Manchester's parks - 3
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Doing the work, making a difference - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A simple man wills $176k to 5 city charities - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: No surprise, city columnist likes ManchVegas schools - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use