Pinkerton students show off their skills
Earlier this summer, the results of the national competition of Skills USA in Kansas City helped highlight just how proud they should be.
By competing in state competitions against the most skilled students from other schools, Eno said his students can get a valid idea of how advanced they are in their area of expertise.
Shawn Venti finished sixth and received a finalist certificate in telecommunications cabling. Amanda Goff and Kayla Balis finished 11th in esthetics, while Tyler Smith placed 15th in computer applications and was awarded a skillpoint certificate for having computer applications that qualify him for a position in the work force.
The Skills USA chapter at Pinkerton began about a decade ago, according to Eno, and has grown from 25 to 65 members under the direction of Eno, his wife, Sara, and carpentry teacher David Howes.
During the 2012-13 school year, the Pinkerton Academy chapter won more medals than any other school in the New Hampshire state competition, taking home 22 overall, five of which were gold medals.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 0
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- At FIRST, it's all about learning and helping each other - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus