Pinkerton students show off their skills
Earlier this summer, the results of the national competition of Skills USA in Kansas City helped highlight just how proud they should be.
By competing in state competitions against the most skilled students from other schools, Eno said his students can get a valid idea of how advanced they are in their area of expertise.
Shawn Venti finished sixth and received a finalist certificate in telecommunications cabling. Amanda Goff and Kayla Balis finished 11th in esthetics, while Tyler Smith placed 15th in computer applications and was awarded a skillpoint certificate for having computer applications that qualify him for a position in the work force.
The Skills USA chapter at Pinkerton began about a decade ago, according to Eno, and has grown from 25 to 65 members under the direction of Eno, his wife, Sara, and carpentry teacher David Howes.
During the 2012-13 school year, the Pinkerton Academy chapter won more medals than any other school in the New Hampshire state competition, taking home 22 overall, five of which were gold medals.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383