Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teen suing Kingston YMCA camp over bike accident
According to the suit, Aaron Wallack, who was 15 at the time, was a volunteer working as a counselor-in-training at Camp Lincoln during the summer of 2010 when the accident occurred.
The suit accuses the camp of negligence, claiming it “failed to inspect the bicycle prior to its use on Aug. 12, 2010, failed to keep and follow a reasonable inspection and maintenance policy to care for the bicycle, and failed to adequately train staff to properly inspect and maintain the bicycle equipment, and as a result, the front tire of the defendant’s bicycle became dislodged from the bicycle fork while the plaintiff, Aaron Wallack, was riding the bicycle.”
Wallack suffered numerous injuries to his head, cheek, and lips, the suit said. He also received injuries to his teeth that required dental treatment.
Because of the injuries to his son, the suit said Wallack’s father has incurred medical expenses and that Wallack remains in need of “substantial additional future medical and dental treatment and will incur additional medical and dental expenses for that treatment,” the suit said.
The suit seeks unspecified damages.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus