Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teen suing Kingston YMCA camp over bike accident
According to the suit, Aaron Wallack, who was 15 at the time, was a volunteer working as a counselor-in-training at Camp Lincoln during the summer of 2010 when the accident occurred.
The suit accuses the camp of negligence, claiming it “failed to inspect the bicycle prior to its use on Aug. 12, 2010, failed to keep and follow a reasonable inspection and maintenance policy to care for the bicycle, and failed to adequately train staff to properly inspect and maintain the bicycle equipment, and as a result, the front tire of the defendant’s bicycle became dislodged from the bicycle fork while the plaintiff, Aaron Wallack, was riding the bicycle.”
Wallack suffered numerous injuries to his head, cheek, and lips, the suit said. He also received injuries to his teeth that required dental treatment.
Because of the injuries to his son, the suit said Wallack’s father has incurred medical expenses and that Wallack remains in need of “substantial additional future medical and dental treatment and will incur additional medical and dental expenses for that treatment,” the suit said.
The suit seeks unspecified damages.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles M. Arlinghaus: Taxation without representation again? - 1
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 1
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
Market Basket community waits and watches
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'