Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-Center Harbor fire chief cites pay issue for resignation
Selectman Harry Viens said the board sees things differently, but board members can’t discuss a personnel matter, and the board is hesitant to speak now about what the circumstances surrounding Schlemmer’s departure without having the town’s attorney give advice.
“We obviously have a contrary account of what happened,” he said. “But he is represented by an attorney now, so we need to be as well.”
Viens disputed that, and said the board offered a meeting shortly after he resigned.
Schlemmer said the board “lacks transparency” on this issue.
“In this way, the board has avoided the obligation to inform the taxpayers of my full-time status, avoided paying me for my time and the benefits other full- time employees of the town enjoy, but still managed to maintain a full-time chief by any other name. Not only is this generally unfair and lacks transparency for the townspeople, but as it turns out, this creative pay method is not entirely legal.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man presumed drowned - 0
- Power restored to downtown Manchester - 0
- Driver identified in fatal Northumberland crash - 0
- Warning issued to teens taking the ‘Polar Plunge’ challenge - 2
- Rochester, Dover police to collect expired prescription drugs - 0
- Search for missing swimmer halted in Bristol, to continue Tuesday - 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen ejected in Candia rollover - 0
- Flooding closes PSU fields, local business - 0
- Havenstein announces for Republican nomination in governor's race - 7
- Tuition to go down 5 percent at community colleges - 0
- Colebrook almost became an island Tuesday night - 0
- Nashua man arrested on domestic violence charges - 0
- UPDATE: Supreme Court hears from both sides on education tax credits - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
Manchester settles with federal civil rights agency over minority students in advanced courses
Lawmakers fight to find Medicaid fix
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'