Home » News » Public Safety
Outside firm to probe police handling of East Kingston trusty program
“The investigation will look into this matter as well as any (making) other potential policy and procedure recommendations,” Dworman said Wednesday.
“There is a continued ongoing investigation,” he said.
“We want to make sure going forward everything is done properly on our end and their end,” he said.
Morales said the town’s attorney, Bart Mayer of the law firm Upton & Hatfield, is handling the matter.
Brisbois was washing police cruisers at the police department through a trusty program at the Rockingham County jail that allows trusted low-risk inmates to spend part of their day performing maintenance work and other jobs at the county complex and several local police departments while under supervision.
Authorities say Brisbois broke into the evidence room where he ingested heroin and smoked marijuana before being returned to the jail under the influence.
While nothing was taken, authorities said Brisbois also broke into an officer’s locker where he had access to the officer’s duty belt with a gun, Taser and handcuffs.
East Kingston has stopped using trusties.
The incident has raised questions about the jail’s trusty program and the level of supervision provided by the police departments where the inmates work.
County commissioners and other officials are now reviewing the program.
“The reason why they’re called trusties is there’s a certain amount of trust (entrusted) in them,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing