Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation hosts guests at August events
Shana Aisenberg will join Cantor Marlena Fuerstman to provide a musical Shabbat evening on Friday, Aug. 2.
On Saturday, Aug. 3, BHC sponsors a reception at the Colonial Theatre to honor photographer Ellen Fisch, who opens her Bethlehem Worship photographic essay.
Michel Adler will share his father’s book, “I Am A Refugee,” on Friday, Aug. 16.
Aisenberg is an acoustic multi-instrumentalist, composing, playing, recording and teaching diverse styles from traditional Appalachian, Celtic and New England contra- dance music to eastern European Klezmer, Balkan, Nordic, bottleneck blues and jazz.
“Worship,” photographic essay by renowned photographer Fisch, will be the featured exhibit at the Colonial Theatre during August. BHC will host a reception at 12:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 3, on the theatre patio.
Brahmer is a graduate of Harvard Divinity School and a fine arts photographer. He is the educational coordinator for plastic surgery and hand surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Admission is free. For more information, contact BHC at 869-5465.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Another View -- Cass Sunstein: A salute to the graceful silence of George W. Bush - 7
- David Harsanyi : Run, Liz, run! - 16
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 43
- Another View -- Harold Meyerson: The right underestimates Elizabeth Warren's appeal - 39
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 2
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 20
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads