New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Sampson AFB Veterans Assocation Grenier Squadron meets for lunch at noon on the second Wednesday of the month in the Hanger Room of the Airport Diner.
At the May meeting the group started a monthly collection of food items for the Manchester Food Bank.
The next meeting will be held in the Hanger Room at noon on Aug. 14.
National Guard holds activity day
CONCORD — Military retirees and family are invited to the 16th annual northern New England activity day, on Saturday, Aug. 3, at the New Hampshire National Guard Army aviation support facility, 26 Regional Drive
Information about legal assistance, health care, survivor benefits, the VA, veterans home and cemeteries will be available, along with recreation, commissaries and exchanges.
The event registration is from 8 to 9 a.m. with the openening ceremony from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
0945-1300 exibitor displays are open from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, call Col. Frank Musmanno (ret.) at 495-3042; or email email@example.com
PORTSMOUTH — Two $1,000 scholarship awards were recently presented by the Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 155 at the Service Credit Union's corporate offices.
The CMSgt. David Eaton Scholarship was awarded to Dan P. Andrews, the son of SMSgt. John Andrews. The scholarship is given to a graduating high school senior for the first year of college.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'