Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hudson man arrested for robbing Nashua taxi driver
The driver, David Benoit of Nashua Taxi, was not injured in the incident.
According to police, Kevin R. Dumont, 26, of 18 Hilindale Dr., Hudson, was a passenger in the cab when he allegedly took out a knife and robbed Benoit around 7:50 p.m. in the area of Concord and Orange streets.
Benoit dropped off Dumont at 39 Orange St. when Dumont allegedly took out a large knife and said, “Give me all your money,” according to court documents. The driver handed Dumont $40, at which time Dumont allegedly insisted that the driver give him his wallet as well, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Benoit handed over his wallet, at which time Dumont took the taxi’s radio microphone and told the driver not to use it, according to the affidavit, adding Dumont held the microphone outside of the car door until he was able to flee the scene.
Following a brief search of the area, police learned that Dumont had run into an apartment building on Summer Street. It took authorities about 10 minutes to catch up with Dumont, who was arrested at his mother’s residence on Summer Street.
“I did it because I am a heroin addict,” Dumont told police during the investigation, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424