Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Hudson man arrested for robbing Nashua taxi driver
The driver, David Benoit of Nashua Taxi, was not injured in the incident.
According to police, Kevin R. Dumont, 26, of 18 Hilindale Dr., Hudson, was a passenger in the cab when he allegedly took out a knife and robbed Benoit around 7:50 p.m. in the area of Concord and Orange streets.
Benoit dropped off Dumont at 39 Orange St. when Dumont allegedly took out a large knife and said, “Give me all your money,” according to court documents. The driver handed Dumont $40, at which time Dumont allegedly insisted that the driver give him his wallet as well, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Benoit handed over his wallet, at which time Dumont took the taxi’s radio microphone and told the driver not to use it, according to the affidavit, adding Dumont held the microphone outside of the car door until he was able to flee the scene.
Following a brief search of the area, police learned that Dumont had run into an apartment building on Summer Street. It took authorities about 10 minutes to catch up with Dumont, who was arrested at his mother’s residence on Summer Street.
“I did it because I am a heroin addict,” Dumont told police during the investigation, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Strafford County inmate facing charges of thefts from vehicles - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man charged with assault says he was trying to break up a fight - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
- Man arrested for speeds over 100 mph on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Nashua man accused of cutting wife’s throat committed to psychiatric hospital - 1
- Two may have stabbed each other in Concord parking garage incident, police say - 0
- Manchester joyride in a stolen truck lands two in handcuffs - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Crosstown Variety Store robbed in Manchester - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Review of West High intruder case to be behind closed doors - 1
- Another View -- Daniel Barrick: Manchester's schools face some serious challenges - 0
- Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance - 0
- Representing whom? Jeanne Shaheen, leftist icon - 1
- Chiefly, Pats are horrible in Monday night blowout in K.C. - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Offseason needs aplenty - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond
Hillary Clinton to join Shaheen fundraiser
Racism in Lincoln? Looks more like ignorance
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917