Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hudson man arrested for robbing Nashua taxi driver
The driver, David Benoit of Nashua Taxi, was not injured in the incident.
According to police, Kevin R. Dumont, 26, of 18 Hilindale Dr., Hudson, was a passenger in the cab when he allegedly took out a knife and robbed Benoit around 7:50 p.m. in the area of Concord and Orange streets.
Benoit dropped off Dumont at 39 Orange St. when Dumont allegedly took out a large knife and said, “Give me all your money,” according to court documents. The driver handed Dumont $40, at which time Dumont allegedly insisted that the driver give him his wallet as well, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Benoit handed over his wallet, at which time Dumont took the taxi’s radio microphone and told the driver not to use it, according to the affidavit, adding Dumont held the microphone outside of the car door until he was able to flee the scene.
Following a brief search of the area, police learned that Dumont had run into an apartment building on Summer Street. It took authorities about 10 minutes to catch up with Dumont, who was arrested at his mother’s residence on Summer Street.
“I did it because I am a heroin addict,” Dumont told police during the investigation, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 3
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 9
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief