Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Hudson man arrested for robbing Nashua taxi driver
The driver, David Benoit of Nashua Taxi, was not injured in the incident.
According to police, Kevin R. Dumont, 26, of 18 Hilindale Dr., Hudson, was a passenger in the cab when he allegedly took out a knife and robbed Benoit around 7:50 p.m. in the area of Concord and Orange streets.
Benoit dropped off Dumont at 39 Orange St. when Dumont allegedly took out a large knife and said, “Give me all your money,” according to court documents. The driver handed Dumont $40, at which time Dumont allegedly insisted that the driver give him his wallet as well, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Benoit handed over his wallet, at which time Dumont took the taxi’s radio microphone and told the driver not to use it, according to the affidavit, adding Dumont held the microphone outside of the car door until he was able to flee the scene.
Following a brief search of the area, police learned that Dumont had run into an apartment building on Summer Street. It took authorities about 10 minutes to catch up with Dumont, who was arrested at his mother’s residence on Summer Street.
“I did it because I am a heroin addict,” Dumont told police during the investigation, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
NH native holds lead spot in Iditarod