Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Hudson man arrested for robbing Nashua taxi driver
The driver, David Benoit of Nashua Taxi, was not injured in the incident.
According to police, Kevin R. Dumont, 26, of 18 Hilindale Dr., Hudson, was a passenger in the cab when he allegedly took out a knife and robbed Benoit around 7:50 p.m. in the area of Concord and Orange streets.
Benoit dropped off Dumont at 39 Orange St. when Dumont allegedly took out a large knife and said, “Give me all your money,” according to court documents. The driver handed Dumont $40, at which time Dumont allegedly insisted that the driver give him his wallet as well, according to a police affidavit on file at the 9th Circuit Court, Nashua District Division.
Benoit handed over his wallet, at which time Dumont took the taxi’s radio microphone and told the driver not to use it, according to the affidavit, adding Dumont held the microphone outside of the car door until he was able to flee the scene.
Following a brief search of the area, police learned that Dumont had run into an apartment building on Summer Street. It took authorities about 10 minutes to catch up with Dumont, who was arrested at his mother’s residence on Summer Street.
“I did it because I am a heroin addict,” Dumont told police during the investigation, according to court documents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424