Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Plumber convicted of conspiring in Deerfield home invasion that targeted family friend and former customer
Dr. Arthur Cutter, the homeowner who suffered nearly 50 staples along his head from his injuries, watched from the front row of the court gallery as jurors were individually polled on their decision.
Martin became familiar with Cutter’s home and the valuables he kept in it after working jobs at his home. The plan for the home invasion went awry when the attacker, Jacob Palo, 37, of Manchester lifted up his ski mask to take a cigarette break.
Palo is serving a 20 to 40 year prison sentence on a litany of charges for beating Cutter in his home and setting off a county-wide manhunt that ended after he crashed his second stolen getaway car into an Epping police cruiser in Fremont.
Anderson focused his closing arguments on the testimony of Palo’s girlfriend, Sherri Avnet, 34, of Manchester, another participant in the scheme convicted of being a lookout during the burglary. She is serving a two to seven year prison sentence.
“She is the only real link here, and by all accounts, the weakest link,” Anderson said. “She has told so many versions she can’t be sure she knows anything.”
She told police about her and Palo getting a ride from Martin to the front of Cutter’s home.
Jurors got to see the exchange of text messages and listened to one of Martin’s interviews with state police.
Martin faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison on each of the charges. A sentencing hearing will take place in the next 45 to 60 days.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424