Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Two men arrested following Concord police chase of stolen SUV
The incident began about 12:15 a.m. when a motorcycle officer pulled over a 2003 Range Rover on Loudon Road at the Interstate 93 northbound ramp.
The driver did not have a license to show the officer who recognized him as James Jones, 26, of Manchester. Jones, while talking to the officer, stepped on the accelerator and sped off, heading north onto I-93, according to police.
The officer informed dispatch and other patrol units of what had just happened and learned the Range Rover was reported stolen July 13 in Manchester.
The officer pursued the SUV as it took Exit 15W to get off I-93, then proceeded back onto the highway heading south. The Range Rover then took Exit 14 on Loudon Road and headed to Stickney Avenue where one of the passengers tried to bail out as the SUV was still moving. That man, whose name police did not release, was dragged a short distance.
At that point Jones and another passenger, Amuri Diole, 20, of Manchester, also abandoned the SUV and ran towards the Main Street area, police said.
Other officers converged on the scene and ultimately, caught up to and arrested both Jones and Diole. Jones is charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of resisting arrest, disobeying a police officer and operating a motor vehicle without a license. A parolee, the state Probation and Parole Department also put a hold on him.
Diole is charged with two counts of resisting arrest and one charge of receiving stolen property. His bail was set at $20,0000.
The man who was dragged was treated at the scene by emergency personnel from the Concord Fire Department, according to Lt. John Thomas.
What's next:Jones and Diole are to be arraigned at 11 a.m. today in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
- Nashua police left rattled by tot's death - 1
- Police investigate shooting of Londonderry woman in Maine home invasion - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483