Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Two men arrested following Concord police chase of stolen SUV
The incident began about 12:15 a.m. when a motorcycle officer pulled over a 2003 Range Rover on Loudon Road at the Interstate 93 northbound ramp.
The driver did not have a license to show the officer who recognized him as James Jones, 26, of Manchester. Jones, while talking to the officer, stepped on the accelerator and sped off, heading north onto I-93, according to police.
The officer informed dispatch and other patrol units of what had just happened and learned the Range Rover was reported stolen July 13 in Manchester.
The officer pursued the SUV as it took Exit 15W to get off I-93, then proceeded back onto the highway heading south. The Range Rover then took Exit 14 on Loudon Road and headed to Stickney Avenue where one of the passengers tried to bail out as the SUV was still moving. That man, whose name police did not release, was dragged a short distance.
At that point Jones and another passenger, Amuri Diole, 20, of Manchester, also abandoned the SUV and ran towards the Main Street area, police said.
Other officers converged on the scene and ultimately, caught up to and arrested both Jones and Diole. Jones is charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of resisting arrest, disobeying a police officer and operating a motor vehicle without a license. A parolee, the state Probation and Parole Department also put a hold on him.
Diole is charged with two counts of resisting arrest and one charge of receiving stolen property. His bail was set at $20,0000.
The man who was dragged was treated at the scene by emergency personnel from the Concord Fire Department, according to Lt. John Thomas.
What's next:Jones and Diole are to be arraigned at 11 a.m. today in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal