Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Two men arrested following Concord police chase of stolen SUV
The incident began about 12:15 a.m. when a motorcycle officer pulled over a 2003 Range Rover on Loudon Road at the Interstate 93 northbound ramp.
The driver did not have a license to show the officer who recognized him as James Jones, 26, of Manchester. Jones, while talking to the officer, stepped on the accelerator and sped off, heading north onto I-93, according to police.
The officer informed dispatch and other patrol units of what had just happened and learned the Range Rover was reported stolen July 13 in Manchester.
The officer pursued the SUV as it took Exit 15W to get off I-93, then proceeded back onto the highway heading south. The Range Rover then took Exit 14 on Loudon Road and headed to Stickney Avenue where one of the passengers tried to bail out as the SUV was still moving. That man, whose name police did not release, was dragged a short distance.
At that point Jones and another passenger, Amuri Diole, 20, of Manchester, also abandoned the SUV and ran towards the Main Street area, police said.
Other officers converged on the scene and ultimately, caught up to and arrested both Jones and Diole. Jones is charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of resisting arrest, disobeying a police officer and operating a motor vehicle without a license. A parolee, the state Probation and Parole Department also put a hold on him.
Diole is charged with two counts of resisting arrest and one charge of receiving stolen property. His bail was set at $20,0000.
The man who was dragged was treated at the scene by emergency personnel from the Concord Fire Department, according to Lt. John Thomas.
What's next:Jones and Diole are to be arraigned at 11 a.m. today in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424