Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Driver haunted by newlywed crash
The Stratham man was driving on Roberts Road in Rollinsford when, he said, a car came racing up behind him.
Fearing the driver was impaired, Myers dialed 911 and gave the operator a detailed account of everything he saw.
"If people see some behavior like this, call and maybe you can stop a person before they destroy a lot of lives," Myers said Thursday.
On the day of the deadly accident, Myers had just left a shop he operates in Rollinsford for his business, StrathamWood Studios, when he said a car approached him from behind on Roberts Road at a high rate of speed.
"I was looking in the mirror and I could see he was swerving," said Myers, who worried that Tsopas would try to pass and hit a vehicle in the opposite direction.
"I just wanted to see which way he was going and wanted to relay that to police. I hoped they would pull him over before something happened," Myers said.
Myers said the crash happened about 200 feet in front of him.
"He went into the left-hand lane. It was nearly head-on. Their car spun around and ended up in my travel lane," Myers recalled.
"He is walking down Old Mill Lane … in his underwear. This guy is obviously drunk," Myers told a dispatcher in the 911 call.
Dover fire and rescue personnel were on their way to another call when they approached the accident scene.
At the time of the crash, Myers didn't know that the victims were newlyweds.
"I didn't even know they were from out of state. I just knew there were two people in a car who were seriously hurt," he said. "It's heartbreaking. I've had the whole range of emotions … angry, sad," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 7
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 14
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 0
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
Casino for NH wins critical endorsement
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424