Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Driver haunted by newlywed crash
The Stratham man was driving on Roberts Road in Rollinsford when, he said, a car came racing up behind him.
Fearing the driver was impaired, Myers dialed 911 and gave the operator a detailed account of everything he saw.
"If people see some behavior like this, call and maybe you can stop a person before they destroy a lot of lives," Myers said Thursday.
On the day of the deadly accident, Myers had just left a shop he operates in Rollinsford for his business, StrathamWood Studios, when he said a car approached him from behind on Roberts Road at a high rate of speed.
"I was looking in the mirror and I could see he was swerving," said Myers, who worried that Tsopas would try to pass and hit a vehicle in the opposite direction.
"I just wanted to see which way he was going and wanted to relay that to police. I hoped they would pull him over before something happened," Myers said.
Myers said the crash happened about 200 feet in front of him.
"He went into the left-hand lane. It was nearly head-on. Their car spun around and ended up in my travel lane," Myers recalled.
"He is walking down Old Mill Lane … in his underwear. This guy is obviously drunk," Myers told a dispatcher in the 911 call.
Dover fire and rescue personnel were on their way to another call when they approached the accident scene.
At the time of the crash, Myers didn't know that the victims were newlyweds.
"I didn't even know they were from out of state. I just knew there were two people in a car who were seriously hurt," he said. "It's heartbreaking. I've had the whole range of emotions … angry, sad," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Celtics hammer Knicks - 0
- Weary Monarchs lose in shootout - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424