Home » News » Public Safety
Speed likely a factor in Litchfield Road crash in Londonderry
Police and fire officials responded to reports of a motor vehicle crash just before 8:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, crews discovered a Volkswagen GTI upside-down in the middle of the road near the Kelley Road intersection, Fire Chief Darren O'Brien said.
The driver, described as a 21-year-old man, was lying semi-conscious on the side of the road when police and fire officials arrived.
A paramedic began performing advanced life support care, while crews awaited the Dartmouth- Hitchcock helicopter to transport him to a Boston trauma center.
Police said the initial plan was to fly the man to Massachusetts General Hospital but he was later brought to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center instead.
Litchfield Road remained closed for several hours Thursday night as PSNH worked to repair the damaged pole.
Londonderry police Lt. Tim Jones said investigation into the accident was ongoing and no further information, including the identify of the victim, would be released at this time.
The initial investigation suggests excessive speed was a likely factor in the crash and the victim appeared to have been pulled from his vehicle by a passing motorist.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus