Home » News » Public Safety
Speed likely a factor in Litchfield Road crash in Londonderry
The driver, a 21-year-old man, was found lying semi-conscious on the side of the road when police and fire officials arrived. (Courtesy)
Police and fire officials responded to reports of a motor vehicle crash just before 8:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, crews discovered a Volkswagen GTI upside-down in the middle of the road near the Kelley Road intersection, Fire Chief Darren O'Brien said.
The driver, described as a 21-year-old man, was lying semi-conscious on the side of the road when police and fire officials arrived.
A paramedic began performing advanced life support care, while crews awaited the Dartmouth- Hitchcock helicopter to transport him to a Boston trauma center.
Police said the initial plan was to fly the man to Massachusetts General Hospital but he was later brought to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center instead.
Litchfield Road remained closed for several hours Thursday night as PSNH worked to repair the damaged pole.
Londonderry police Lt. Tim Jones said investigation into the accident was ongoing and no further information, including the identify of the victim, would be released at this time.
The initial investigation suggests excessive speed was a likely factor in the crash and the victim appeared to have been pulled from his vehicle by a passing motorist.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads