Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Police stop 500 vehicles, arrest 10 at checkpoints in Bedford, Gilford
Jeffrey Nowell, 22 of Goffstown, attempted to avoid a checkpoint on Route 101 in Bedford by driving his vehicle through the divided highway median, police said. Police said they pursued Nowell, found him to be intoxicated and arrested him. He was charged with driving while intoxicated.
Others arrested were David Schwankert, 41, of Mont Vernon, for driving under the influence of drugs; Taylor Foster, 19, of Goffstown, for underage driving under the influence and transportation of alcohol by a minor; Donald Fleurent, 49, of Wilton, and Christopher Gagnon, 41, of Amherst, each for driving while intoxicated.
Bedford and state police stopped 257 vehicles. One person was given a summons for operating without a valid license and another for driving after suspension.
Those arrested were later released on bail and face arraignment later in the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Merrimack.
In Gilford, state troopers screened 260 vehicles and arrested five people. Those arrested were Rebecca Newsome, 41, of Sunapee, and Edward McDevitt, 54 of Kingston, each for driving while intoxicated; and Joseph Provencher, 19, of Manchester, for possession of a controlled drug.
Charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol were Samantha Provencher, 19, of Manchester, and Margaret McGovern, 19, of Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917