Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Police stop 500 vehicles, arrest 10 at checkpoints in Bedford, Gilford
Jeffrey Nowell, 22 of Goffstown, attempted to avoid a checkpoint on Route 101 in Bedford by driving his vehicle through the divided highway median, police said. Police said they pursued Nowell, found him to be intoxicated and arrested him. He was charged with driving while intoxicated.
Others arrested were David Schwankert, 41, of Mont Vernon, for driving under the influence of drugs; Taylor Foster, 19, of Goffstown, for underage driving under the influence and transportation of alcohol by a minor; Donald Fleurent, 49, of Wilton, and Christopher Gagnon, 41, of Amherst, each for driving while intoxicated.
Bedford and state police stopped 257 vehicles. One person was given a summons for operating without a valid license and another for driving after suspension.
Those arrested were later released on bail and face arraignment later in the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Merrimack.
In Gilford, state troopers screened 260 vehicles and arrested five people. Those arrested were Rebecca Newsome, 41, of Sunapee, and Edward McDevitt, 54 of Kingston, each for driving while intoxicated; and Joseph Provencher, 19, of Manchester, for possession of a controlled drug.
Charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol were Samantha Provencher, 19, of Manchester, and Margaret McGovern, 19, of Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483