Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Manchester man dragged trying to stop fleeing car
A Fremont man accused of hitting two cars on Bridge Street faces several charges, police said.
Patrick Decoito, 19, is charged with felony reckless conduct, conduct after an accident, driving while intoxicated and possession of a controlled drug. He was also put on a 72-hour probation hold, police said.
Decoito struck a car near 102 Bridge St. and that car's driver got out to try and stop Decoito's vehicle around 1:30 a.m., said Sgt. Craig Rousseau.
"The victim tried to keep him from leaving and ended up getting dragged from the driver-side window area," Rousseau said. "He was dragged for a couple hundred feet and got loose."
Decoito then hit a parked car near Bridge and Chestnut streets. Officers found him still inside the car, Rousseau said.
The man who got dragged, Jason Williams, 32, lives nearby at 154 Bridge St.
He was not taken to the hospital, but Decoito was transported to Catholic Medical Center for medical attention and later taken to the police station, Roseau said. Decoito is in the Valley Street jail.
Decoito "was found with what was believed to be a small bag of marijuana after his arrest," Rousseau said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after shots allegedly fired in Mont Vernon - 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- DWI License Revocations - 0
- Man faces charges in Rochester and Somersworth - 0
- Manchester chief turns to community to help fight gangs - 15
- City man arrested in shooting incident - 0
- Teen, 19, stabbed in Concord; man charged in Rochester choking - 0
- Grieving Epping mother continues lonely vigil for son - 0
- Gunshots reported in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back - 0
- Texas governor to deploy 1,000 National Guard troops to border - 0
- New college are graduates hit by slow wage growth - 0
- Stocks finish the day slightly lower - 0
- Business economists say sales, hiring and pay are up - 0
- Keene man charged with June Central Square 'chalking' assault - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
DWI License Revocations
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917