Roger Brown's First & 10: Changes in the wind
AFTER New Hampshire stretched its Shrine Maple Sugar Bowl winning streak to 12 games by beating Vermont 62-24 last summer, the game's organizers searched for a solution that would help level the playing field.
"I don't like it," Thomas said. "We have a lot of pride in this state, and I'd rather have our best play their best. To me, this gives New Hampshire a built-in excuse."
"I can see how some people would question why we should have the same number of players from Division I as Division VI, but I like the idea of getting more lower-division kids on the roster," Kershaw said. "These kids are all all-stars."
CHANGE OF VENUE: Both teams practiced at Castleton State College in Vermont this year, after using Kimball Union Academy in Meriden as a practice site for six years. No practice site has been chosen for next year's game.
"It comes down to how much you want to install," Kershaw said. "If I had two or three more days I would have installed more stuff. About midweek I had to make a call and see how much the kids had absorbed. I wouldn't mind a couple more days, but we didn't need to put any more in."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Carol's Obamacare: What Shea-Porter supported - 32
- A chief walks: No charges in New London - 1
- Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand - 42
- UNH's logo: Hip ... for now - 3
- Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice - 9
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Prizes & playoffs: Well done, UNH - 2
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 13
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 0
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Iginla strikes twice as red-hot Bruins top Oilers - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
Symphony NH plans pair of holiday events
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Big tipper stops for lunch
Keene to appeal Robin Hood rulings
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840