Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Woman arrested in Salem with 21 cans of crab meat, steaks worth hundreds of dollars
Marissa Rodriguez, of Lawrence, Mass., was charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of willful concealment and identity fraud for allegedly taking hundreds of dollars worth of food from Shaw's and Walmart on Friday, police said.
Rodriguez was found with 21 cans of crabmeat from a Shaw's supermarket on Route 28 in Salem, but police found $198 worth of steaks and clothing taken from a Walmart inside her car as well, according to police.
Police believe Rodriguez had stolen the food and clothing at the Walmart store, also located on Route 28, just prior to her arrest.
Police were called to Shaw's around 2:30 p.m. Friday to detain Rodriguez, where she was found in possession with the cans of crab meat.
She is suspected of carrying out several prior thefts of crab meat at the same supermarket, police said.
All of the cards had an alias with the name "Rosanna Guerrero,"? police said.
Rodriguez was held on $3,000 cash bail pending her arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
The identity fraud charge is a class A felony, punishable by 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison. The receiving stolen property charge carries a similar sentence. The remaining charges are misdemeanors.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
- State police OK to search cell phone to locate suspect who bit trooper - 0
- Ferguson: Eyewitness testimony underscores challenge grand jury faced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Rymes is ready to roll following Fred Fuller purchase - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 7
- On being American: A point for reflection - 2
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Rymes takes over for Fuller, deliveries start Wednesday - 2
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 9
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483