Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Woman arrested in Salem with 21 cans of crab meat, steaks worth hundreds of dollars
Marissa Rodriguez, of Lawrence, Mass., was charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of willful concealment and identity fraud for allegedly taking hundreds of dollars worth of food from Shaw's and Walmart on Friday, police said.
Rodriguez was found with 21 cans of crabmeat from a Shaw's supermarket on Route 28 in Salem, but police found $198 worth of steaks and clothing taken from a Walmart inside her car as well, according to police.
Police believe Rodriguez had stolen the food and clothing at the Walmart store, also located on Route 28, just prior to her arrest.
Police were called to Shaw's around 2:30 p.m. Friday to detain Rodriguez, where she was found in possession with the cans of crab meat.
She is suspected of carrying out several prior thefts of crab meat at the same supermarket, police said.
All of the cards had an alias with the name "Rosanna Guerrero,"? police said.
Rodriguez was held on $3,000 cash bail pending her arraignment in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
The identity fraud charge is a class A felony, punishable by 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison. The receiving stolen property charge carries a similar sentence. The remaining charges are misdemeanors.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917