Northern Pass project hosts first open house in Millsfield
The open house was the first in a series that will be held for residents along the proposed route. Northern Pass is proposing the 1,200-megawatt transmission line go through Millsfield and neighboring Dixville, both unincorporated places in Coos County.
Mark McCullock and Chelsea Petereit of Stratford, whose property was in the path of the transmission line on the earlier proposed route, were among those asked to wait outside.
Skelton said the couple was welcome to come in after the Millsfield and Dixville residents were served.
Emile Croteau and Bob Rodrigue are from Berlin, but have camps in Millsfield and Dummer.
"I thought it was well-done and very informative," Rodrigue said.
Bill Schomburg of Columbia had a different opinion.
"It was highly structured and heavy on the propaganda," he said. He said he could not get a definitive answer on some questions, including the origin of the materials used to build the line.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Free Ray Brewer; No, forget I said that - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Some dance, others judge - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: When a tattoo is no longer for you - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Lessons learned on the ice - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Ali Baba Whole Foods Festival is exotic, and right next door - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Artists invited to make utility boxes beautiful - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Grappone Automotive Group owner not afraid to go her own way - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Queen City to host movie? - 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Palace Theatre is in search of its history - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- A second chance: Manchester hasn't won Hooksett yet - 0
- Calling Deep Throat: Where is Obama's Mark Felt? - 0
- Monarchs know there's always room for improvement - 0
- Student artwork on display in Derry for PTA's Reflections - 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill