Mother says she'll fight for right to pray outside Concord school
Bates said he is assisting Liza Urena in the selection of a lawyer to pursue the case.
"I forgave them in my heart and I asked my daughter to forgive them too," she said. "I decided I would pray for them and all the people in the school." Urena said she began her prayers each day at 7 a.m., well before the start of the school day at 7:30, and was finished within 15 minutes.
"The principal and other people said to me, 'Thank you for praying for us,'" she said, "Everything was good until those people reached out from another state,"
Bates said several groups have offered to provide an attorney to represent Urena in a suit claiming her right to free exercise of religion was violated when Rath told her she could no longer pray on the high school steps.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Natural gas bills almost double - 5
- Fuller Oil customers frustrated once more - 13
- Support for solar project in Monadnock Region sought - 0
- Iberdrola must file new application for Wild Meadows project - 1
- Heating pellets prove to be in short supply in NH - 13
- Wind farm firm puts application on hold to address safety issues at Groton site - 5
- Groton resident settles with wind farm company - 0
- Advertising campaign pushes for underground Northern Pass - 1
- Report: Gas pipeline not enough to avert New England energy crisis - 23
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus