Mother says she'll fight for right to pray outside Concord school
Bates said he is assisting Liza Urena in the selection of a lawyer to pursue the case.
"I forgave them in my heart and I asked my daughter to forgive them too," she said. "I decided I would pray for them and all the people in the school." Urena said she began her prayers each day at 7 a.m., well before the start of the school day at 7:30, and was finished within 15 minutes.
"The principal and other people said to me, 'Thank you for praying for us,'" she said, "Everything was good until those people reached out from another state,"
Bates said several groups have offered to provide an attorney to represent Urena in a suit claiming her right to free exercise of religion was violated when Rath told her she could no longer pray on the high school steps.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sandy Hook mom to talk Nov. 5 at Nashua church - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- St. Charles Church in Dover to be torn down - 2
- Tibetan monks make peace offering in Peterborough - 0
- Parishes to show support for priests this weekend - 0
- Bedford church helps African missionaries - 0
- Churches turn to social media to reach people - 0
- Salem church a step closer to expanded feeding capability - 0
- Beloved pastor, Citizen of the Year dies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison