Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Fish and Game officer dies after Wolfeboro motorcycle crash
Abrams, who was 49, was in the special care unit of the Maine Medical Center in Portland and died shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jordan said.
Radio station WMWV reported that Abrams lost control of a 2013 Harley Davidson while riding down a steep hill in Wolfeboro. He hit his head when he landed in a nearby field and was apparently not wearing a helmet.
Abrams has been with Fish and Game since 1990 and is the sergeant and assistant district chief at District No. 2, which is based in New Hampton.
“He was a real solid individual,” Jordan said. “He loved the job.”
He was an assistant team leader on the Advanced Search and Rescue Team and was a member of the Fish and Game dive team.
Jordan said Abrams leaves a wife and two children.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Littleton boys earn victory over White Mountains - 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072