Home » News » Public Safety
Off-duty Fish and Game officer dies after Wolfeboro motorcycle crash
Abrams, who was 49, was in the special care unit of the Maine Medical Center in Portland and died shortly before 5 p.m. Tuesday, Jordan said.
Radio station WMWV reported that Abrams lost control of a 2013 Harley Davidson while riding down a steep hill in Wolfeboro. He hit his head when he landed in a nearby field and was apparently not wearing a helmet.
Abrams has been with Fish and Game since 1990 and is the sergeant and assistant district chief at District No. 2, which is based in New Hampton.
“He was a real solid individual,” Jordan said. “He loved the job.”
He was an assistant team leader on the Advanced Search and Rescue Team and was a member of the Fish and Game dive team.
Jordan said Abrams leaves a wife and two children.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester woman suffers injuries in dragging incident - 0
- Judge orders fired Manchester officer back to jail to finish sentence - 4
- Claremont police dispatcher charged with sex assault and incest, placed on leave - 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform