Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police department swears in seven, promotes nine
The seven new officers, five men and two women, were selected from 158 applicants, and after an intensive process, which included examinations, a polygraph test and background checks, Police Chief David Mara said.
Promoted to captain were Shawn G. Fournier, a 22½-year veteran who has received several awards over his career including the Life Saving Medal in 1993 for entering a burning building and rescuing a child hiding under bed covers, and James M. Flanagan, also a 22½-year veteran, who earned the department's Honorable Service Medal for his efforts in preventing a woman from committing suicide by jumping off the ledge of a city parking garage.
Mara also recognized Kieran L. Ramsay, previously supervisory FBI agent for New Hampshire, for the work he did with the department. The chief presented a plaque to Ramsay, who was appointed assistant special agent in charge of the Boston office where he oversees counter terrorism, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the agency's New Hampshire and Maine offices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 1
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
- Bay State man hurt in Ripley Falls fall - 0
- Veteran Arizona officer named Rindge police chief - 3
- NH gun license form must change, critics say - 10
- Rimmon Heights honors Manchester Community Policing Division - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate