Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police department swears in seven, promotes nine
Newly sworn-in Manchester police officers, from left, Willaim Dann, Thomas Donovan, Matthew Gleason, Dianna Maneksha, Travis Mannon, Jennifer Ortiz and Daniel Senechal recite the Pledge of Allegiance during a swearing in and promotion ceremony for Manchester police at the Radisson in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The seven new officers, five men and two women, were selected from 158 applicants, and after an intensive process, which included examinations, a polygraph test and background checks, Police Chief David Mara said.
Promoted to captain were Shawn G. Fournier, a 22½-year veteran who has received several awards over his career including the Life Saving Medal in 1993 for entering a burning building and rescuing a child hiding under bed covers, and James M. Flanagan, also a 22½-year veteran, who earned the department's Honorable Service Medal for his efforts in preventing a woman from committing suicide by jumping off the ledge of a city parking garage.
Mara also recognized Kieran L. Ramsay, previously supervisory FBI agent for New Hampshire, for the work he did with the department. The chief presented a plaque to Ramsay, who was appointed assistant special agent in charge of the Boston office where he oversees counter terrorism, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the agency's New Hampshire and Maine offices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Hampton woman, 75, hit by truck in Newington in serious condition - 0
- Police: Handling issues of mentally ill just part of the job - 0
- Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use - 5
- Officials: Missing teen sent letter weeks after last sighting - 0
- UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m. - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 13
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072