Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester police department swears in seven, promotes nine
Newly sworn-in Manchester police officers, from left, Willaim Dann, Thomas Donovan, Matthew Gleason, Dianna Maneksha, Travis Mannon, Jennifer Ortiz and Daniel Senechal recite the Pledge of Allegiance during a swearing in and promotion ceremony for Manchester police at the Radisson in Manchester on Monday. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
The seven new officers, five men and two women, were selected from 158 applicants, and after an intensive process, which included examinations, a polygraph test and background checks, Police Chief David Mara said.
Promoted to captain were Shawn G. Fournier, a 22½-year veteran who has received several awards over his career including the Life Saving Medal in 1993 for entering a burning building and rescuing a child hiding under bed covers, and James M. Flanagan, also a 22½-year veteran, who earned the department's Honorable Service Medal for his efforts in preventing a woman from committing suicide by jumping off the ledge of a city parking garage.
Mara also recognized Kieran L. Ramsay, previously supervisory FBI agent for New Hampshire, for the work he did with the department. The chief presented a plaque to Ramsay, who was appointed assistant special agent in charge of the Boston office where he oversees counter terrorism, the Joint Terrorism Task Force and the agency's New Hampshire and Maine offices.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'