Home » News » Public Safety
Three Manchester police officers honored for going above and beyond
It was 11:40 p.m. on March 28 when Officer Robert Megowen was sent to 658 Rimmon St. for a garage fire.
When he arrived, fire already enveloped the garage and was spreading rapidly to an adjoining triple-decker apartment building.
On March 5, two other officers — Michael Dunlap and Richard Valenti Jr. — risked their lives when they waded 15 feet into the Merrimack River to rescue a woman who was sitting up to her neck in the 40-degree river. When Dunlap first saw the reportedly suicidal woman in the river near Arms Park, he quickly grabbed the life-saving orange disk in the trunk of his cruiser and ran to the river's edge to assist Valenti, who already was there attempting to talk to the woman.
Officer Kenneth Chamberlain Jr. also was presented a Certificate of Recognition for his exemplary performance in assisting the training unit with employment background investigations while also doing his primary duties as a traffic investigator.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 4
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof