Northern Pass shadow hangs over discussion of rules for buried transmission lines
A sub-committee of the House Science, Technology and Energy Committee is reviewing three bills that would have utilities bury transmission lines.
"It seems to me this would be taking a major step before the energy plan is out," said Rep. Jacqueline Cali-Pitts, D-Portsmouth.
The three bills the committee is studying all require some transmission lines to be buried.
He noted Public Service of New Hampshire built a $480 million scrubber to remove emissions from the Merrimack Station power plant in Bow and that cost will be passed on to consumers.
Will Abbott of the Society for the Protection of NH Forests said current state law is inadequate in addressing issues like those associated with the Northern Pass transmission project.
The committee has to make a report by Dec. 1 to suggest legislation for next year, or to kill the bills.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brandon Ross: A sure-fire way to eradicate NH's 'spice' problem - 1
- Another View: Jeanne Shaheen was M.I.A. on VA reform - 27
- Paul Holloway: NH's community colleges prepare for a new era - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: More ways Washington squanders your money - 5
- Pat Buchanan: Let Congress vote on Iraq War III - 1
- Who is minding those who mind the store at NH State House? - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: America's selective Libertarianism - 6
- Charles Krauthammer: Why Hillary got it right - 12
- George Will: President Obama in a stew over inversions - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS device locates stolen truck in Merrimack - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist