Manchester airport remains in dark over solar-panel glare solution
The $3.5 million solar panel installation, the largest in New Hampshire, was paid for with a federal grant and is designed to power the parking garage and sky bridge that lead to the airport terminal. In the summer, the airport sells excess electricity to Public Service of New Hampshire.
Ever since the glare emerged, the firm has been working with the airport, O'Neill said.
The next step is for the firm and its insurance company to present the ideas on how to solve the glare issue, O'Neill said. The firm could either agree with repositioning the panels or suggest another solution.
But the plan calls for adding another 180 panels, so the energy output — 560,000 to 575,000 kilowatt-hours of electricity a year — will remain the same, he said.
O'Neill said the consultants and working group are moving into the second phase of discussions, which involve who has to pay to correct the problem. The price tag would also include $34,800 for work done by the MIT/Volpe group.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis officials seek to protect conservation lands from pipeline project - 0
- Funding for Berlin wind farm up for council hearing Wednesday - 1
- City landfill could host state’s largest solar farm - 5
- Plans for Manchester solar array project move forward - 0
- Utilities offer tips to help fight high winter energy costs - 0
- Bracing for the heating season throughout New Hampshire - 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 3
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 6
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 1
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four