Home » News » Public Safety
Gilford crash victim: 'I lost my mom'
Police said Kay E. Sawyer was killed in an accident that happened just before noon.
The police investigation showed that a 2008 Honda sedan driving east on the highway by Brenden J. Lefavor Hanson, 22, of Gilford, collided with Sawyer's 2003 Honda sedan, which was also traveling east.
According to police, after Sawyer's car was hit by Hanson's car, Sawyer's car struck a westbound 2006 Ford Sport utility vehicle driver by Martin Leary, 62, of Gilford.
"I lost my mom," she said. "I don't remember the accident. I just know my nephew is okay, and I'm alive, thank God."
"Details to the factors leading up to these collisions will not be released due to an ongoing investigation," Jacques said in a press release.
After the accident, the child, Burgado and Leary were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia. The child and Leary were treated and released, police said. Burgado was still hospitalized late Thursday afternoon, police said.
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Jacques at the Gilford Police Department at 527-4737 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072