Home » News » Public Safety
Gilford crash victim: 'I lost my mom'
Police said Kay E. Sawyer was killed in an accident that happened just before noon.
The police investigation showed that a 2008 Honda sedan driving east on the highway by Brenden J. Lefavor Hanson, 22, of Gilford, collided with Sawyer's 2003 Honda sedan, which was also traveling east.
According to police, after Sawyer's car was hit by Hanson's car, Sawyer's car struck a westbound 2006 Ford Sport utility vehicle driver by Martin Leary, 62, of Gilford.
"I lost my mom," she said. "I don't remember the accident. I just know my nephew is okay, and I'm alive, thank God."
"Details to the factors leading up to these collisions will not be released due to an ongoing investigation," Jacques said in a press release.
After the accident, the child, Burgado and Leary were taken to Lakes Region General Hospital in Laconia. The child and Leary were treated and released, police said. Burgado was still hospitalized late Thursday afternoon, police said.
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to contact Jacques at the Gilford Police Department at 527-4737 or via email at email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police warn of holiday pitfalls - 0
- Halogen lamp causes Somersworth house fire - 0
- Dover enacts emergency parking ban for Friday - 0
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072