Home » Sports » Motor Sports
Tom Herzig's Trackside: Supermodifieds set for Ollie Silva Memorial at Lee USA on Friday
On Track This WeekThunder Road: Thursday, 6:30 p.m.
Lee USA: Friday, 6:45 p.m.
Canaan Dirt: Friday, 7 p.m.
Bear Ridge: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Canaan Asphalt: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Monadnock: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Cicconi’s Shea Concrete No. 71 will likely be the lone Vic Miller entry this weekend. One of three team engines was already in Indiana being freshened and camshaft troubles arose in the other. Canadian Mark Sammut, third in points, will likely contend for the win. Ditto for Ben Seitz of Bourne, Mass., and last year’s Ollie Silva Memorial winner, Jon McKennedy.Steve Masse of Bellingham, Mass., retook the lead with six laps remaining to win the Valenti Modified Series 100 at Beech Ridge. Masse started on the pole and led the first 63 laps. On Saturday, the VMS Series returns to Waterford, where Masse won in April. Rowan Pennink placed fifth behind Anthony Nocella, Chris Pasteryak and Richard Savary to take over the points lead from Tommy Barrett Jr. (330-326).
Trackside appears Thursdays in the New Hampshire Union Leader.
Star Speedway: Saturday, 6 p.m.
White Mountain: Saturday, 6 p.m.
Canaan Asphalt: Sunday, 1:30 p.m.
Legion: Sunday, 5 p.m.
Hudson: Sunday, 6 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not quite enough for a New England victory - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Ice storm threatens the region
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass